Diploma in Islamic Fintech
Instructor Profile: Mufti Faraz Adam
Mufti Faraz Adam is a well-known UK-based Islamic Finance & Fintech consultant and heads the global Shariah advisory firm Amanah Advisors. He is advising several global Islamic financial institutions spread across the UK, US, Canada, Malaysia, Singapore, UAE, and other countries. He is passionate about the development of the Islamic economy and serves across its various sectors such as Islamic banking, Islamic capital markets, Takaful, SME financing, and Islamic social finance.
Mufti Faraz completed a six-year Alimiyyah program (Islamic Studies) in the UK after which he went on to specialise in Islamic law and finished a Mufti course in Durban, South Africa. He holds a Master’s Degree in Islamic Finance, Banking, and Management from Newman University, UK. He qualified with an MBA Diploma from the International Business Management Institute and successfully accomplished a Fintech Specialisation course from the University of Michigan. He recently achieved the ACCA Level 4 Qualification in Accounting and Business.
In addition to the above, he has attained various Islamic Finance-industry qualifications such as the IFQ, CIFE, and is a Certified Shariah Advisor and Auditor (CSAA).
He has an interest in writing, researching, and reading. He recently authored a book on Islamic Fintech called ‘Introduction to Islamic Fintech’, and has written several research papers on Islamic Finance and complexed products.
Diploma Syllabus: Download PDF copy
Course: 1 Introduction to Fintech & Islamic Fintech
- What is Fintech?
- History of technology and finance
- What Are the Different Types of Fintech Firms?
- FinTech Risks and Challenges
- Introduction to Islamic Fintech
- Development of Islamic FinTech
- Applications of Islamic FinTech
Course 2: Introduction to Blockchain & Islamic Applications
- What is Blockchain?
- 5 Key Concepts of Blockchain
- What Are the Different Types of Blockchain?
- What are consensus algorithms?
- Use Cases of Blockchain
- Blockchain Business Applications
- Blockchain Case Studies
- Smart Contracts
- Challenges for Blockchain
- Blockchain in Islamic Finance
- Potential Blockchain Use Cases in Islamic Finance
- Islamic Blockchain Case Studies
Course 3: Introduction to Crypto-Assets & Shariah Considerations
- The World of Digital Currencies, Virtual Currencies, and e-Money
- Introduction to Crypto-assets
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
- Security Token Offerings
- Initial Exchange Offerings (IEO)
- Case Studies
- Risks and Challenges for Crypto-assets
- Crypto-assets from an Islamic Finance Perspective
- Views of Contemporary Scholars
- Shariah Screening of Crypto-assets
Course 4:Introduction to Islamic InvestTech
- Introduction to Invest Tech
- Shariah-Compliant Invest Tech
- Introduction to Robo-advisory
- Shariah Review of Robo Advisory
- Shariah Review of Crowdfunding
- Shariah Considerations in PayTech
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) lending
- Shariah Review of Conventional P2P lending
- Shariah-compliant P2P model
Course 5: Neobanking, SaaS, Alternative Finance, Insure Tech
- Shariah compliance of Neobanks
- Case Studies
- Banking-as-a-Service (Baas)
- Open Banking
- Platform Banking
- Alternative Financing
- Insure Tech
- Takaful Tech
Note: Easy installment option available, please write us at email@example.com for details